Skip to main content


By 19. April 2012Dezember 28th, 2022Uncategorized

Report of the séance Tuesday, 20.03.2012, from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. My 13th sitting with the circle. 

Written between the 23.03. and the 29.03.2012 on the basis of notes taken in the hours after the sitting.

This time, we were 11 sitters in the usual cellar room in Hanau, including 5 members of the circle:
Kai, the medium in cabinet, Costas (C), Martine (M), Jochen (Jo), and Julia (Ju). In addition to me (I), five other guests were present. First, there was Renate (R) from Munich who visits the circle occasionally since three years.
In addition, there were four guests from Vienna who visited the circle for the first time in Hanau, although they had participated in sittings performed by Kai in Vienna in 2011 (G1-G4).

Part 1 of the sitting 
The first part of the sitting was dedicated to table movement phenomena. It was a long time since I had experienced table movements with the circle, which was the regular mode of the sittings before the development of Kai’s trance state and the cabinet séances for the more “official” sittings. However, the group continued to practice table sittings throughout the years on a regular basis until today.
The 11 sitters were grouped around a usual lightweight plastic garden table with four legs and of a diameter of about 1m. It should be mentioned that the order of the sitters is generally undetermined and can be changed due to individual requests or needs – although there are some fixed positions owing to specific duties such as operating the red light lamp, what is usually performed by Julia recently.

Tonight, the order of the sitters was as follows:

The red light lamp was adjusted to a moderate degree of illumination and was directed to shine directly underneath the table, making sure that the feet of both table and sitters were visible for anybody who would take a look under the table during its movements.

Kai remains fully awake during table sessions, he is not in trance.
Immediately when the sitting was commenced under these red light conditions, the table started to move vigorously about the floor between the sitters, often tilting and turning.
Very soon, the table moved up and downwards under my own hands, tilting on its two opposite legs which seemed to rest firmly on the ground. I could plainly see that nobody was manipulating the table with feet. I could also see that my neighbours were not pushing it upwards with their hands, which, like mine, laid loosely on top of its edge. It was difficult to see the hands of the other sitters, because the top of the table lay in darkness, the red light being directed only underneath the table to illuminate its feet. A second small light that would illuminate also the top of the table would be very valuable to check the positions of the hands. Maybe, in future, this could be established as well.

 Soon after, the first full levitation of the table occurred, the table rising about 20cm into the air. Again, I checked the feet of the table in the red light and could plainly see that all four feet were hovering freely above the ground, and that none of the sitters next to me pushed the table up with their hands. After about 5-6 seconds, it suddenly fell on the floor again. Because no levitations happened within the next couple of minutes, we decided to turn the red light out. The table continued to move and to rock forcefully, end eventually rose into the air again. Julia turned the red light on quickly, and I looked under the able again. And again, all four feet were visibly hovering well above the ground, and no foot of the sitters moved.
Similar levitations followed about three more times, always illuminated by the red light. Then, hoping the table would rise higher than it did before (allegedly, it has risen almost to the ceiling in the past), we decided to leave the red light completely turned off for the rest of the first part of the sitting. Indeed, the table levitated about four more times, but not in a degree that we had hoped for.

All in all, I estimate that the table levitated about eight times. On one or two occasions, the table had risen from a stable position on the ground without prior movements. On all occasions, it rose into the air in a perfectly horizontal way, its surface not being tilted notably. On average, the table rose between 10 and 30 cm. On one occasion, it moved in two stages – first rising about 15 cm, then after three or four seconds, another 15 cm.
On another occasion, it seemed to float not steadily at a given height, but to oscillate a little.
For me, one of the most remarkable table movements was a particularly forceful tilting which took place in darkness. At this occasion, the table was again moving up and downwards on the side that I was sitting at, its feet on the opposite side seemingly resting firmly on the ground. However, the downward movement was virtually violent. The table foot that was located between me and Martine hammered onto the ground with such a force that this could have been only achieved by a strong downward pushing movement performed by the sitters on my very own side. This, I am convinced for several reasons, was not the case.
Often during the table movements in complete darkness, and also at this occasion, all sitters touched the fingers of their neighbours with their own little fingers. I can vouch for the fact that on all occasions that I had touched the fingers of my neighbours, they were perfectly smooth and rested on the table surface in a light and relaxed way.

Other interesting phenomena that have occurred during this first part of the sitting were three bright lights that have suddenly occurred in darkness. They were visible to all sitters who had looked towards the direction of their appearance at the time in question. I saw two of these lights. They occurred on the opposite side of the table behind Kai and consisted of bright greenish-white sparks of about 0.5 cm diameter that moved upward very quickly and vanished already after a fraction of a second.
I missed the first light looking under the table in expectation of the next levitation and the turning on of the red light lamp. These kinds of lights were familiar to me from the cabinet sittings already, and indeed, two such lights occurred again later during the second phase of the sitting.

Some sitters have also reported to have heard occasional faint raps and knocks coming from the table, but I am not sure about the origin of these noises. This was different in the second part of the sitting, to be described in the following section.

Part 2 of the sitting 
When we terminated the first part of the sitting after about three quarters of an hour, Kai, Jochen and Julia rearranged the séance room to its usual setting. Martine operated the CD player; Jochen and Julia opened and closed the cabinet curtain when required. Julia also operated the red lamp according to the instructions given by the trance control personality HB, speaking through Kai. In addition to the usual drum in 2.25 m distance from the cabinet, Kai had placed a tambourine, a ring of small bells, and two shakers on the floor.

Almost immediately after the opening prayer of Kai in the completely darkened room, first strong raps occurred on the ceiling. This time, Kai induced the trance state not with his rapid breathing technique, but remained calm and took long deep breaths. Due to the early onset of the raps, Kai was able to hear them before he slipped into the trance state, as he has reported to us later. The raps were strong and often performed quick loud rolls, some sitters have also reported that they were touched by something during this early stage of the trance induction.

Finally, HB announced his presence and opened the sitting with greetings. The raps became louder and seemed to try to disturb HB’s talking in a humorous manner. They were also responsive. I was sitting at the side of the room which is separated with a curtain from a small space behind it (there is with nothing suspicious in the part of the room behind the curtain, it can be searched by anybody before and after the sittings). Usually, the raps don’t occur on the curtain. However, I have leaned the back of my head against the curtain and asked the raps to move to it, speaking aloud. Immediately, I could feel with the back of my head that the curtain was clearly moved by something. It felt like something was hitting the curtain right above my head. Not long afterwards, I asked a second time for raps on the curtain, and again, the curtain was moved immediately. This time, it felt more like small movements were performed sideways on the curtain, or if something was stroking across it. The next moment, loud raps were heard from the opposite side of the room.

Throughout the rest of the sitting, the familiar phenomena were displayed in a typical sequence.
1) Touches: All sitters reported being touched by solid but soft structures in the dark. This time, I was touched only 2 times on my right naked knee. The frequency of the touches is usually lower in vicinity of the cabinet compared to the areas further away. The first time, something dry but soft quickly hit my knee, the second time something quite hard touched it, resembling the touch of something wooden or made of plastic. This was confirmed by Renate, the sitter next to me who was touched by apparently the same structure shortly before.
Tonight, Costas was touched by palpable structures with particular frequency and intensity. HB claimed that it was Costas’ deceased wife, who had formerly sat with him in the Felix circle. (Costas claimed having been extesively kissed and touched tenderly on his head and in his face. HB accompanying announced the presence of Costas deceased wife – the Editor)

2) Tambourine and drum phenomena: One of the first phenomena that happened during the main phase of the sitting was the hitting of the tambourine and audible movements of the shakers. Everybody could hear that it was manipulated by something on the floor. Four-limb control was installed, while HB was continuously speaking from inside the cabinet. Julia and Jochen, who controlled the medium, confirmed that his body was perfectly still. Still, the percussion items were continuously manipulated. Shortly thereafter, the drum was hit by something solid. At times, it tried to follow the beat of the music. Again, four limb control was installed, and the beating continued. At one point, we could hear something moving across the floor, resembling the sound that a snake’s skin would produce when moving on the linoleum floor.

3) Phosphorescent lights: Like often before, we also saw the greenish phosphorescent lights again. At times, there were two lights flying around the room at the same time, although most of the time, only one light was visible. At one time, one light was hovering high in the air, when the percussion items on the floor were audibly moved at the same time. Again, HB instructed us to apply the four-limb control. And again, the controllers confirmed that during the movements of the light, all four limbs of the medium were perfectly at rest. Jochen, who controlled Kai’s left side, was told to stretch one arm to the other side to touch Julia as well, and he reported that both Kai and Julia were not moving at all. The light seemed to become weaker during the time that the four-limb control was performed, its movements became slower and it descended to the floor a bit. After the four-limb control was ended, the light moved upward again, becoming slightly brighter again. Before the light display was finished, we could see it hovering inside the cabinet through the slits of the cabinet curtain.

4) Plaque phenomena: The typical shapes of hand-like structures above the luminous plaque were also displayed. As usual, it was positioned onto the drum after being charged with light from a small torch by Julia. In sum, I was able to see five different structures moving above and across the plaque (see figure 1). For a certain period of time, during the last display hand shapes, four-limb control was installed again, and Jochen has also controlled Julia. He reported no movements, and as usual, HB talked during the phase of four-limb control.
It was interesting to see that on two occasions (display 1 and display 5), the hand-like shapes were very thin at their base, on one occasion it ended already behind the fingers. Clearly, these shapes were not produced by human hands (see the shapes 1 and 4 of the sketch). The second shape that we saw above the plaque was of very peculiar kind. Basically, it was a large mass that covered one corner, and it ended in a long and thin extension (see shape 2 of the sketch).

5) At last, it was ectoplasm time again.
In the few minutes of waiting during the preparation phase, we saw two bright greenish-whitish lights move quickly upward in the vicinity of the cabinet in only fractions of a second. These lights were very similar to the lights that we had seen already during the first part of the sitting when we sat around the table. I have seen similar lights also on other occasions, for example at the very beginning of a séance last year.
Moreover, when we checked the red light to be used for the ectoplasm displays on request of HB, we could see a light of the dimmer greenish phosphorescent kind hover steadily just below the ceiling of the cabinet, above the head of the medium, whose lower body and trunk was well visible in the red light and the opened curtains. However, the upper parts inside the cabinet were only illuminated very dimply by the lamp.
Thereafter, the ectoplasm displays began.

Ectoplasm display: This time, the curtains of the cabinet were opened six times by Julia and Jochen on request of HB. Each time, Julia turned the red light on and off simultaneously with her right hand following the signalling foot stamps of Kai/HB.

The six curtain openings showed the following phenomena:

(i) Already after comparably few and decent gargling sounds, Kai stamped his foot for the first time. All could plainly see an enormous mass of white substance, which seemed to be attached to the inside of the medium’s mouth. It hung down from there to about Kai’s belly region, where he handled a large conglomerate of it with his hands, tearing it widely apart and demonstrating its fine structure to the sitters in bright red light which was directly shining onto it. From the conglomerate handled by Kai, a part of the mass hung down loosely towards the floor, and another branch was attached to the inside of the (seen from my position) left part of the cabinet curtain. This time, the white mass had an appearance that resembled irregular cotton wool rather than thin cloth of delicate texture. There were tiny spots of apparently very condensed matter, whereas the largest parts seemed to be quite fluffy and could easily be torn apart to about 50 cm distance between Kai’s hands. In general, the main strands of the substance had a diameter of about five to seven centimetres and looked quite twisted and crumbled. The display lasted about 10 seconds.

(ii) Only after a few seconds, the second ectoplasm display followed. It was very similar to the first display. Sitting very close to the white mass, I was able to take a good look on it and on Kai’s movements.

(iii) The third display followed after about 10 seconds and showed the ectoplasm being basically held in Kai’s hands, but it was still attached to his mouth. From out of the thickest part of the conglomerate, he worked out a huge jewel and put it into Julia’s right hand. It was a crystal of about four centimeters in diameter. This process took about 10-15 seconds.

(iv) The fourth opening showed the mass in a similar position as during display (ii), but a strand of the mass was attached to the ceiling of the cabinet with an enlarged and voluminous end-piece.

(v) The fifth display was similar, but the medium gently pulled the strand of white mass down. Slowly, bit by bit, the enlarged end-region of the strand detached from the ceiling curtain, sometimes gradually, sometimes with some portions at once. I could see this process very well in the good red light, and bent my head far down to get a good look towards the upper part of the cabinet interior. When the last connection was loosened, the strand fell down onto the hands and the body of the medium. Then, foot stamps signalled that the curtains should be closed.

(vi) Only about six seconds later, Kai stamped the foot again. To our surprise, all white mass had entirely vanished. Julian and Jochen closed the curtain shortly after for a last time.

HB announced that the sitting was about to be finished, said good-bye to us, and, rather abruptly, Kai awoke from his trance without the usual backward count. We all left the séance room except for Jochen and Julia. Not much later, the three joined us in the living room upstairs.

They reported that they had found drops of blood on the floor right in front of the cabinet, and there was also a bit of blood on Kai’s chin. I went down to the cabinet with Jochen again, and indeed, there were four rather fresh drops of blood on the floor. Kai joined us. We all had no idea where the blood came from, because Kai had no wounds on his skin and reported no pain. Perhaps, it had come from his nose. Also, no traces of the white substance were left on the inside of the cabinet curtain. Jochen and I took a close look, but we could not find the slightest trace of white fluffs where the substance had been attached.

 Throughout the sitting, no one has reported cool breezes and winds, and at no point, the formation of a chain of hands was requested by HB.

Again, I am indebted to Kai and the Felix Circle for the possibility to witness a series of very remarkable phenomena. I especially enjoyed the table session, and was impressed by the advance that the group had obtained. Thanks to all of you!

M. MNahm